-------------------------------------------------------------------------
SoOo with that being said...this week's featured artist is:
Hey everyone...this is ya girl Denisha && I am soOOo excited to put one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE singer/songwriters, Miguel Jontel, as this week's artist for the Sunday Spotlight...
For a brief bio, Miguel Jontel is a 23 year-old California-native who has recently been signed with major record label Jive Records--which is the home of popular artists such as Britney Spears, Usher, Ciara, && our homeboy Chris Brown...Now for those of you who know me...you know that I'm ALWAYS listening to his music...&& I cant get enough of it lol...I've been following his work since 2006 && I find him to be one of the most talented yet most underrated underground artists around...
His music encompasses several different styles--ranging from R&B to pop, funk, soul, && even rock...&& trust me...the end product of his music is always impressive...Besides the creativity && uniqueness behind his personal masterpieces, Miguel has also been the writer to lyrics of some of today's hottest artists, as well...He's penned songs for Mary J./Musiq Soulchild ["If You Leave"], Usher ["Revolver"], Jasmine Sullivan ["Lions & Tigers & Bears"] plus more...
Miguel works with an amazing production team from California called Fisticuffs [Brian Warfield && Mac Robinson], who have worked on songs with Neyo as well as Jasmine Sullivan on her latest album...While waiting for his debut album to be released by Jive, Miguel has been keeping busy with collaborations with underground favorites Blu ["Below The Heavens", "Johnson&Johnson"], Exile ["Dirty Science"], Daz-I-Kue ["Move Part 2"] and Esthero [the internet leak “The Many Times”]...
Miguel Jontel has recently put out a free download of his mixtape entitled Mishief: the Mixtape && it's definately worth listening to...I know many of you are centered with just one particular type of sound that you're accustomed to hearing...but I'm almost 100% certained that once you listen to the unique sounds of Miguel Jontel, it will widen your definition && knowledge of REAL, good music...in my opinion Miguel is the truth && hopefully as an outcome of this artist spotlight, you will start to support his music just as I do...
Check out his songs "Quickie" && "Sure Thing" below:
To listen to more music from Miguel Jontel && to overall support him, check out the following links below:
Enjoy!
-------------------------------------------------------------------







No comments:
Post a Comment